Mondays thru’ Thursdays – dinner at our place!
Rivonia Bed & Breakfast now offers a new ả la Carte menu.
You our guests, your friends & your family are in for a treat! (Yes, you may invite your friends & family to join you for breakfast or dinner! The prices are very affordable. Just check availability with the Front Desk).
Quinton, our F&B manager, and Trust, our Chef, have come up with some delectable dishes to tickle your taste buds. Just reading our new menu makes one’s mouth water.
Our EVENING MEALS offer a culinary tour to exotic destinations with:
- Calamares al la Romana,
- Spicy Moroccan Chickpea Salad,
- Fillet Mignon and
- the ultra-delicious Norwegian pan-seared Salmon.
If you prefer home-grown dishes you can relish
- Rivonia’s Best Burger or
- Lamb Chops sizzled in Lavender Butter
My personal favourites are
- the crispy Spinach & Feta Chicken Roulade
- and the Bar-One Mousse Cake, served with whipped cream and Chocolate Sauce.
Rivonia B&B has a history of good food. We still follow an aunt’s advice given to us in 1995: Give your guests LOTS OF GOOD, TASTY FOOD.
Our breakfasts are legendary and our dinners have become a hot favourite too.
- because our guests can enjoy meals on the property without having to drive at night or sit on their own in a restaurant.
- because, after a long flight or a tiring day at work, a meal at Rivonia B&B is a relaxing experience with one’s room just meters away.
Enjoy dinners by candlelight round the pool or breakfast by the poolside.
You can’t beat the ambiance we’ve created for you – lush, rambling gardens, prolific bird life, a sparking pool and delicious, delectable food. Don’t miss the experience!
We have asked Quinton to share one of his special recipes. For summer he recommends his favourite the:
Strawberry and Spinach Leaf Salad
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 200g bacon, diced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecan nuts or walnuts
- 2 cups baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, roughly sliced at different angles (rustic)
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly cut into cubes
- 100g feta Cheese (roughly crumbled)
For the Honey-Balsamic Dressing
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Shake together in an old jam jar until the mixture emulsifies and looks ‘creamy’.
- Season with salt to your liking.
What to do
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and fry the bacon until crispy and golden. Remove and set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
- In a small dry frying pan on the stovetop, toast the nuts over medium-high heat until just lightly golden, stirring from time to time. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Scatter your spinach leaves over a platter, add the strawberries, diced avocado, and cheese; sprinkle over the nuts and dress just before serving.
Note: For a speedier salad dressing, drizzle simply with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar